Tuesday, October 28, 2008

#18

Mangoes...anytime you want!

I don't need to say any more than this. Those that know me well know that mangoes are my favorite fruit. Once, after a volunteer mission trip to Trinidad I ate a mango a day for about 6 months. I even smuggled a few in my suitcase home from Mexico one year as a gift for Eric.I love how sweet and tangy they are. There isn't really any other fruit that they compare to. And, they taste best ripened on the tree. Whenever I buy them here in the states they are green and need to sit out for a few days to ripen. They are a great substitute for the real Caribbean thing, but really nothing compares.

Mango trees actually grow in people's yards. Maybe one will grow in the yard of someone I know and I can go and pick one anytime I want! Wouldn't that be fun!

Can't wait to eat me some mango!

No comments: