Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday!


It's late and we've had full day with church, friends, Easter baskets, ham, rice and beans, and mashed potatoes. This will be a short entry. I just couldn't let the day go by without an entry.


We celebrated the risen Lord latino-style. We sang lots of energetic and thoughtful songs about Christ and I didn't even miss the usual hymns we sing in English. We even had dancers in our service. Our church is a far cry from the liturgical church I grew up in, I'll tell you that!


Our pastor spoke on the resurrection, like every other pastor around the world I suppose. But, the perspective he took was really thought provoking. He talked about how believing the resurrection comes at a price. The disciples and the early Christians undoubtedly paid a price to believe, and oftentimes it resulted in their lives. I think I heard that almost 1/2 of the early christians were killed for their faith (of course, you know how unsubstantiated stats go, but this is a blog and not research paper). Believing in the resurrection is costly, because our faith is often tested through trials. I could say more, but I'm so tired. It's just something to think about.


I'll tell you all about Eric's easter basket tomorrow when I am rested! Good night.

No comments: