Thursday, February 14, 2008

Babies, babies, babies

I know, I know, it's been awhile since my last post. I was trying to figure out why I haven't been in the mood to blog. The best I can come up with is that it's so dreary and wintry up here that it is starting to affect my mood. I think New Englanders get their tough and somewhat cold reputation because of the winters here. Believe me when I tell you that the weather really does affect your mood and it's true that you will find a lot of friendly smiling faces when Spring and Summer roll around up here. But, until then, we just kinda hole-up in our houses and hibernate coming out for sunlight and a little fresh air now and then. This is not by choice on my part. I would rather be dancing in the sunny, warm Florida winter warmth (like one of my besties)!
On to better things...
A very BRIGHT spot in my winter mood is all of the wonderful new babies that have just entered the world around my life! In the past three weeks 5 friends (1 is a sister-in-law) have had little babies. And, they are ALL girls!! Can you believe it? Ericito will surely have a lot of great women to choose from one of these days! It's been fun revisiting those early days of motherhood and offering a listening ear, advice, a meal, and whatever else I can.
So, congratulations to them all and welcome to the world strong, resilient, little women!! Here is a rundown of the new little loves:
Miriam and Samuel - Natalia
Sonia and Stephen - Sarah
Julie and Dave - Lucy
Zoila and Antolin - Paula (Eric's sister - yea! A new niece!)
Kelly and Steve - Madeleine
Here is a picture of little E meeting his new girlfriend Madeleine Leigh Josti
AND, here are a few other shots from the past two weeks. Have a good week!

Bathtime is so much more fun with a mohawk!

Eating his first teething cracker...thank God no choking!!

3 comments:

kristi said...

That is insane that everyone had girls. Maybe you could save one of them for Rhys. :) Okay, can I just say that 2nd bathtime pic of Eric where he's making the funny face is the most priceless photo I've seen? Oh my gosh. He is so cute Karin. Makes me want to run right over and have coffee and give him a snuggle. Darn it--only 2,000 miles between us! :( Thanks for posting. Love & miss you!

the ruffhouse said...

Oh my goodness, he's soooo cute! I forgot about teething crackers. Now I remember you can't put good clothes on before giving baby one of those monsters, right? It's fun to experience this all over again with Lyla. And I'm with you on the winter stuff - the snow is too deep here for our three year old to play in it! May come quickly (though it's been known to snow here even in May)! So fun to keep up with you via blog. Much love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Eric Jr. is sooooooooo adorable!
Hope you are well...You look GREAT!
Love,
Nance